If you have any of the following symptoms it could be a sign that you have gluten intolerance. Obviously, these are only a guide but people who know they are gluten intolerant will tell you these symptoms are accurate.
1. If you suffer from digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea and even constipation.
2. Fatigue, brain fog or feeling tired after eating a meal that contains gluten.
3. Inflammation, swelling or pain in your joints such as fingers, knees or hips.
4. Being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.
5. Having symptoms such as dizziness or feelings of being off balance.
6. Hormone imbalances such as PMS, PCOS or unexplained infertility.
7. Migraine headaches.
8. Diagnosis of chronic fatigue.
9. Having chicken skin on the back of your arms. This is also known as Keratosis Pilaris, and occurs as a result of a fatty acid deficiency and vitamin A deficiency secondary to fat-malabsorption caused by gluten damaging the gut.
10. Mood issues such as anxiety, depression, mood swings and ADD.
TESTING FOR GLUTEN INTOLERANCE.
I have found the single best ways to determine if you have an issue with gluten is to do an elimination diet [ask me if you would like a copy of an elimination diet] and take it out of your diet for at least 2 to 3 weeks and then reintroduce it.
NOTE: Gluten is a very large protein and it can take months and even years to clear from your system so the longer you can eliminate it from your diet before reintroducing it, the better.
I think the best advice with gluten is that if you feel significantly better off not eating gluten or feel worse when you reintroduce it, then gluten is likely a problem for you.
NOTE: In order to get accurate results from this testing method you must elimination 100% of the gluten from your diet.
SO WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Eliminating gluten 100% from your diet means 100%. Even little amounts of gluten from cross contamination or medications or supplements can be enough to cause an immune reaction in your body. It must be 100%. You can't go by the notion that if I eat it when I am out it will be ok. You will know it is not ok! It must disappear altogether.
If you have any more questions then please free to email me at email@example.com or visit my Facebook Page at My Crohn's Doctor.
Yours in Health and Wellness
My Crohn's Doctor
LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This article (including links to any/all website pages, blog posts, blog comments, forum, videos, audio recordings, etc.) is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. My Crohn's Doctor and Dr Michael are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this article.